I have been extremely fortunate (especially as a young professional) to have an incredible amount of support both for my growth outside of my formal experiences, as well in professional practice. Since the launch of this site and the start of my blog, I have been sharing both resources and my personal reflections that I take away from each of my experiences.
I have been fortunate to work in a number of different institutional settings and departments, and have further been exposed to a number of powerful partnerships between student affairs and academic affairs in their pursuit of dynamic, outcome-driven environments, including a nationally recognized programs focused around increased retention and engagement.
These experiences continue to reinforce and expand my view of myself as a practitioner as well as an educator, integrating the wide range of skill sets required for effective practice in intentional ways. For instance, I have been responsible for and continue to develop my skills within supervision, program design, advising, crisis and risk management, and assessment. To read more, please view my resume.
In addition to my professional experience, my role as a Student Member to the Board of Directors for the National Association for Campus Activities has provided additional training and practice in the areas of effective governance, knowledge-based decision-making, and strategic planning. I have taken part in a number of activities through this role including committees defining Campus Activities for the Association, and using assessment and field trends and data to define and effectively articulate the strategic goals for the Association.
My professional areas of interest are broad, and primarily focus on effective and meaningful partnerships between Academic and Student Affairs to create intentional and purposeful environments for student learning.
Please click through the categories below to view my reflections within the positions and institutions I have experienced:
- Undergraduate Student, Psychology, Roger Williams University
- National Orientation Directors Association (NODA) Intern, Office of Student Involvement, Baldwin-Wallace College
- Masters Student, Educational Administration (Specialization in Student Affairs Administration in Higher Education, SAAHE) & Graduate Hall Director, Residence Life, Texas A&M University
- Summer Graduate Intern, Center for Student Leadership, Kennesaw State University
- Practicum Student, Student Activities and Leadership, Prairie View A&M University